EMY A. Cordano, Attorney at Law
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
We Are Open & Accepting New Clients
Contact Us For A Case Review
Call Us 801-804-5152
Text Us 801-821-8561

The Avenues
Visitation Rights Attorney

Visitation Rights Lawyer The Avenues

Throughout the divorce process, there is nothing more painful than the thought of losing custody of your child. The courts are going to do everything they can to ensure that both parents remain a part of their child’s life. This may mean joint custody, or it may mean sole custody with the other parent receiving visitation rights.

One thing is certain – you need to secure a good family law attorney to handle visitation rights. When you need an Avenues visitation rights attorney, turn to Emy A. Cordano. She will work with you throughout the entire process.

What Is Visitation?

When one parent is granted sole physical custody of a child, visitation rights are typically granted to the other parent so that they can remain a part of their child’s life.

Visitation schedules need to be as detailed as possible and a part of a final divorce and child custody agreement. A good family law attorney will be able to handle all of this for you.

Note – just because a parent was not granted custody does not mean they are a bad parent. There are plenty of reasons why someone is not granted custody, many of them having to do with finances, work schedules, travel schedule, etc.

Visitation is important, as islets the child continue to interact with the non-custodial parents, something that is seen as important for their growth.

The most common type of visitation is unsupervised visitation in which the non-custodial parent is allowed to take their child unsupervised, either to their own home or somewhere else for a specified amount of time.

There are times when supervised visitation is necessary. In cases where a parent is suspected of abuse, recovering from substance abuse, or has a serious criminal background, the court may require that someone else be present during visitation.

There may also be times when you need to seek an enforcement order to ensure that you receive the visitation rights that were agreed upon. If the custodial parent is not abiding by the schedule, that is a problem that needs to be dealt with.

Also, if you suspect that the parent who received unsupervised visitation is abusing alcohol or drugs or is involved in any other inappropriate behavior, you can petition the court for visitation changes.

What You Can Do

When it comes to children, the Utah family court system and Emy A. Cordano want to work with you to make sure their best interests are being met.

We know how important visitation rights are for both the parents and the children. We also know that there are issues that arise that need to be worked through. In a divorce, emotions will run high, so you need to secure a strong visitation rights attorney in the Avenues. Whether you are just starting to arrange visitation or you need to modify visitation arrangements after separation, we want to help you. You can contact us by clicking here or call us at 801-804-5152 for an initial consultation.

    Contact Us

    All Fields are required
    By clicking submit you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.